Monday, March 18, 2013

DIY Lip balm


Broken Lipsticks container? That's bad, because you won't be able to use it again properly, messy everywhere and worse thing is your lipstick maybe infected by bacteria and bad thing may come to your lips. That is definitely bad condition for us girls. It happened to me. My lipstick had accidentally fallen a few times and made my lipstick container dysfunction. I had a hard time closing it because it won't slide up or down. I ended up broke my lipstick. After that, it looked and felt weird on my lips. So, I decided to transfer it to a new container. You can use any kinds of small container. I prefer the portable one, the one that is lighter, easy to carry and smaller. Old contacts container will work, but of course you can be creative with things around you. 

 Here's the things that i used. I'm gonna show you how to make new tinted lip balm as well, that's why I used Petroleum jelly. Candle to melt down the lipsticks. Metal Spoon is where the lipstick going to be melted and tooth pick to stir or scoop it out of the container. I'm gonna be using Lip gloss to add glitters on my lip balm later on and of course you will need your Lipsticks.


When all the ingredients are gathered, you can start it off, by scooping out all of the lipstick from your old container to your metal spoon. Then light up the candle and bring your spoon on top of your candle. You have to carefully watch the lipstick as it melts down, because if the spoon gets too hot, the melted lipstick will start to boil, and that is not good. when it does starting to boil, remove from the direct flame from the cable and stir with your tooth pick. 

When it's all melted, you can carefully transfer it to your new container. In my case, i use my old contact lenses container. After you have transfer everything, tap it gently for a few times, to remove excess bubbles. 

On the other side of my container, I'm making a little tinted lip balm. I mixed my leftover lipstick, a bit of lip gloss and petroleum jelly. I used the same method by melt it down on the candle and tranfer it to my container as soon as it's all melted.


I told you to be more creative. You can use any small container around your house. You can even use a daily medicine container that has monday - friday boxes. This time, I found a very cute container. It's a tin candy box, small and light. It's perfect for my new lip balm. Since my spoon is not big enough to contain all of the lipstick and petroleum jelly, I changed the method a little bit. First, I transfer petroleum jelly and lip gloss as needed into my tin container. Then, I melted down my lipstick and transfer it directly to the tin container and mixed it up with the rest. And then, Voila!

My brand new Tinted Lip balm on a winnie the pooh tin container. All in one package. I got petroleum jelly to moisturize, lipstick to tint, and lip gloss to make it shine. I love it! 
Don't have to waste more money to buy new lip balm. beside, it has 3 in one benefits. 
I hope I inspire you to make one as well.








No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me